Just minutes before the race started with Laisa and her brother Andy. I only ran with them for the first 10 minutes or so and then I took my slower pace. :) I ran it in about 2 hours and 38 minutes. I would have liked to have run the entire way, but I started walking the uphills since there were so MANY! I finished it though and I wasn't last...that was my main goal.
Me and Laisa after the race. I was so hungry I grabbed food and water before I even met up with anyone...I think I might have even had food in my mouth when this picture was taken :) At this point, it felt better to jog or sit than to just walk or stand. WEIRD. I'm not really sure how people run Marathons or complete the Ironman competitions. It's crazy!
John got this picture of me just as I'm getting near the finish line. YAY! Overall it was a good experience, though I'm not sure I'll do it again yet...
Getting a Kick out of Music
2 years ago

3 comments:
congrats Jess. I'm proud of you for running that!
wow good job! What a accomplishment! Somehow you don't look tired enough in that last pic to be coming to the finish line....
You did such an awesome job on the run. Your amazing. We should do one together this year.
Post a Comment